Many people who sit at work for many hours experience discomfort, caused by the same position. A good solution for this type of ailment is stretching, which can be easily and quickly introduced into our daily ritual.
Neck pain is the most common type of pain. However, we can do stretches and exercises, as with any other part of our body. Stretching makes your neck muscles a lot stronger and limber. Also, strong neck can reduce tension and problems with your shoulders and upper back.
Here you are a few simple stretching exercises to reduce the aches and pains, which can help for those who suffer from neck and upper back pains. These exercises can be done at the desk without leaving the computer.
Examples of neck stretches
These exercises can be done at the desk without leaving the computer.
1. Neck Rotation – sit straight with your feet together, good posture, turn your head from side to side, repeat this exercise 5-10 times. We make a circular motion of the head in both directions, repeat the action 5-10 times.
2. Drop head to one side, taking ear towards the shoulder, hold for 10 seconds, repeats 3-5 times for both sides.
3. Raise and bend your arm, that your hand reaches towards the opposite side. Use the other hand and pull the elbow toward your head, hold for up to 30 seconds, reapet 3-5 times, also do it on the other side.
4. Raise shoulders towards ears until you felt the tension across, hold for up to 30 seconds, repeat 3-5 times.
5. Extend each arms overhead, hold for up to 30 seconds, repeat 3-5 times.
6. Sitting with back supported, roll shoulders up and backward in a circular motion, repeat 5-10 times